Pages

Tuesday

Scrappy Chics Kits: May Project #4

My next project was inspired by this great challenge site I found, CASE Study, real fun!!! You are given an inspiration card and then you CASE it. CASE means Copy And Steal Everything! This week's card is by their April Muse, Silke Ledlow.

{ The Design }

{ My Inspiration }

I do not have many cardmaking supplies, like an embossing template she used to as the border around her card. So working with this month's Scrappy Chics kit, I lifted her floral border by substituting it with the My Mind's Eye Stella Rose transparency frame. The idea popped into my head and I thought it was quite fun to try it. I assembled the Webster's Trendetter papers, punched border strip, and base for the chipboard frame which I traced and cut from the Maya Road Chipboard Frames given in the April kit. Then layered the transparency frame on top. For the original framed quote with pearls, I used the insert of the Maya Road chipboard frame added the Jillibean Soup letters and stuck in Queen & CO black pearl dots. I did not CASE the flower and ribbon. It was a fun challenge, hopefully I can come back and play again!

Doesn't the kit look divine? LOVED IT!!! I still want to do more with this kit, the Trendsetter and Blossom Soup Collections were so much fun to work with. Go check out this month's kit details at Scrappy Chics Kits!

{ Call Me } card:
From: Scrappy Chics Kits, May 2011 kit
  • Trendsetter paper - Handsome Vintage (Webster's Pages)
  • Trendsetter paper - District 45 (Webster's Pages)
  • Trendsetter paper - Accessorize (Webster's Pages)
  • Stella & Rose Gertie "Little One" Transparent Frame (My Mind's Eye)
  • Blossom Soup Cardstock Stickers (Jillibean Soup)
From: Scrappy Chics Kits, Aprill 2011 kit
  • Chipboard Frames (Maya Road)
From my stash:
Cardstock: Kraft (Bazzill)
Punches: border (Martha Stewart)
Other: "Nightfall" pearl dots (Queen&Co)

Links on this post:
{ Scrappy Chics Kits: May Kit }
{ CASE Study: Challenge #37 }
Share On:

3 comments:

Sue Kohler said... [Reply]

Love all these projects, such striking colours and layouts!
Thanks for sharing at CASE study this week! :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said... [Reply]

Oh how FUN! I especially like your layouts, so beautiful! Thank you for joining the CASE Study challenge, it's so glad you found us!

Nadia Cannizzo said... [Reply]

WOW! These are SUPER amazing JAnet. You have been SO busy girl...LOVE the one with your niece and so lovely to see you joining in on all different challenges. Take care.