Hello October!! Saturday was World Card Making Day and as much as I wanted to participate in all the activities, I couldn't because my much neglected scrap room was a wreck. So I dove in and decluttered and organized my chaotic mess. This morning, I pulled out my first kit to arrive this month - my beloved Simon Says Stamp Card Kit, looked up their latest challenge, and was very excited to start creating.
This week, it's "Anything Goes" with the option of using Clearly Besotted products:
Card sketch is from Retro Sketches, I knew how I wanted to interpret the sketch, but once I started shuffling around the GORGEOUS My Mind's Eye “My Story” papers from the kit and seeing how cute the kit stamp elements were with the heart and glasses and trendy sentiments, I had so many ideas in my head I didn't know what I wanted to use!! Finally, taking inspiration from Paper Issue's Pinspire Me Monday Mood Board, I was set. It was clear. I had my card all planned out.
Retro Sketches #184
Tall birdie element: I top-shadowed the gold heart with black cardstock to create the illusion of height
Narrow center strip: Used a flag strip die
Sentiment Strip: softened the edges with a curved element
Inspired by the yellow, black and cream clock and next to the red poppy field, and the heart shaped latte.
Thanks for stopping by! Hugs and Happy Scrappin'!!!!
- Simon Says Stamp Cardstock (Black, Cream)
- My Mind's Eye "My Story" 6x6 Paper Pad
- Simon Says Stamp Exclusive Clear Stamp Set "I See You"
- Tsukineko Dew Drop Brilliance Gold Pigment Ink
- Clearly Besotted - Mini Basic Banners Clear Stamp
- Clearly Besotted - Mini Basic Banners Die Set
- My Favorite Things - Pierced Fishtail Flag STAX
- Ranger Clear Embossing Powder
- Memento Tuxedo Black