Pages

Tuesday

Are you here?

I haven't been. Since November. Almost 3 months. Ouch. I have neglected my little spot here. Hope your holidays went well and I still want to wish you all the best for 2009! I have not heard this song, Give it 2 Me by Madonna, on the radio yet. Last week I was watching Ellen, she was dancing to it - so FUN! I immediately added it on to my playlist. I love rockin' to this music, hope you do too!

Tiff Sawyer said... "Hi Janet, this is the first time I've visited your blog and your music had me rockin off my chair, way cool.."

Lain Ehmann said... "I have been totally rocking out to the music on your blog for the past half an hour -- great choices!!..."
thanks for commenting!! ;)



I have been in such a scrapping slump the past few months. That is too long without my mojo. Despite the fact I made a resolution to get more pages done this year, I only have two, which were made for Color Combos Galore.


Triple the Sketch #41, I scrapped 12x12 and I likey!!! I was always afraid of all that space but I am lovin' it. Only when I have to scan the layout four times, stitch and blend do I reconsider using this size.

Challenge #107
From Color Combo #107
by Janet Perafan-Babar

pointsettia
angel white
christmas green
santa's boots








From Scarlet Lime's Dec kit: Making Memories, SEI, Narratives patterned paper; buttons. Other: Making Memories and American Crafts letter stickers; October Afternoon word sticker; American Crafts pen.



Two Peas in a Bucket Classes: Celebrate the Seasons - February 2009, these classes look like a lot of fun! You should definitely check them all out. All the classes are in their Education section. This class was to create a February themed layout. A sketch was provided, which I used and made into a one-pager.

Challenge #109
From Color Combo #109
by Amanda McCain

coconut
strawberry creme
raspberry swirl
black licorice








Patterned paper: Rusty Pickle, Making Memories, American Crafts, KI Memories, Scenic Route; Other: Chatterbox chipboard letters, Making Memories journal page, Doodlebug frills, K&Co paper ribbon, American Crafts pen.



And finally, I can show it!!! MY FIRST PUBLICATION!!! I was lucky enough to have my layout included in Scrapbook Trends' Go Digital Idea Book. I cannot tell you how excited I was when I finally saw it! And the look on Rianna's face when I showed it to her? Priceless.





my layout on page 111




As always, thanks for stopping by!! Hope you are enjoying the music!

Have a super wonderful day!
~janet
Share On:

7 comments:

The Mom said... [Reply]

Congrats on your first pub!!!

debbiec said... [Reply]

ok, i guess i don't know how to add to comment after i hit "post" LOL! :p

i wanted to say...congratulations on the magazine publication! i love that layout too. the dark brown really pops!
and i am so glad i found color combos! it is so liberatiing to just use my stuff! old or new or whatever. it's like new life has been breathed into my supplies just by pairing them with something new! i've been looking for that type of motivation/inspiration for a long time.
woohoo!

Debbi Tehrani said... [Reply]

So happy to see you scrapping again, and I can't tell you how excited I am for you with your pub in the ST book! I hope your mojo is here to stay--I always miss seeing your layouts!

Vivian said... [Reply]

Yay - congrats on the pub Janet!!
It's good to see scrapping again too!

Belinda Venables said... [Reply]

Yay for you and that publication - you rock!!! Love that LO...so sweet!!

xx

Kim Faucher said... [Reply]

Love the layouts and your music rocks on this blog!! so fun!

Nerrida said... [Reply]

Congratulations - gorgeous work!