Pages

Tuesday

CCG 214...A Card and Sketch Challenge

{ Color Combos Galore: Challenge #214 }
{ CAS-ual Fridays: Challenge #34 }


Color Combos Galore Challenge #214 for CARDS and TAGS went up yesterday. Looks the same, but really, it's not! It's an extension of last week's colors but CARDS Week has a different Inspiration Photo and Designer's Challenge. This time the challenge requires you to use the Inspiration Photo as a "sketch" for your card or tag design. For this week's theme I decided to celebrate couple of non-traditional holidays:



Silly thing to celebrate, right? Didn't know that there was a National Bubble Bath Day or even a Bath Safety Month, too funny. Here is my card:


{ The Design }
The Color Combo: It's a lot of fun to come up with color names for the themes of the Inspiration Photos. I almost called one of the colors "Nude", LOL. For "Golden Candle Glow", I used Crate Paper's Traditions paper and gold glitter glue. The cardstock and sentiment tag is the "Porcelain Bathing Tub", the "Therapeutic Sea Salt" is the gray stamping ink and silver glitter glue and finally, "Scented Candles" was used in Crate Paper's Phrase Stickers, also in the twine and buttons.


Featuring products from the Crate Paper Portrait Collection

The Design: I wanted to try embossing vellum. This was the first time I used my Grand Calibur, I had some trouble because when I sandwiched the Cuttlebug folder and layered the plates as directed, it was not going through. If anyone can tell me how to do it right, please, I need to know! I used an owl stamp (a Studio G dollar stamp from Michaels) and then a gray UniBall sparkling pen to outline him and for the faux stitches. The circle tag is actually cut out of the inside of another tag from the Portrait Phrase Stickers.

{ My Inspiration }
This week at CCG, you are required to use the Inspiration Photo as a sketch, the Cas-ual Fridays Challenge required the use of chipboard. I also got mixed up with two other challenges that expired last week: Scrapbook Trends Create: blog challenge was using vellum, and the Shabby Tea Room wanted wings and colors - I didn't use their colors, but I was inspired by the owls and bedskirt.

I started dieting again. It's my first week. I am doing Weight Watchers. Last time I did it I lost 50 pounds in a little over 3 months. I am hoping to achieve that again, and not let myself go afterwards.

Wish me luck!

Well thanks for stopping by again!!! This CCG Challenge is running concurrently with last week's CCG #213, both will end on January 14th, 11:59pm USA/EST. Hope you will play along too! Please visit each Designer's blog and see what they created this week for this gorgeous palette!




Happy Scrappin'!!!!
xoxo



Project Supplies:
{Thinking of You } Card:

Products:
  • Crate Paper: Portrait - Traditions, Phrase Stickers, Borders
Other: Stamps and Inks: Misc:

My Toolbox:

find linked products at simonsaysstamp.com
Share On:

9 comments:

Kelly said... [Reply]

Your card is adorable, Janet. I just love that little owl...and your punched border looks just like a bed skirt :)

Suzanne Russell said... [Reply]

Cutest owl ever! I really like the subtle color scheme. Beautifully done! Thanks for the beautiful music on your blog, too!

Virginia L. said... [Reply]

Darling and sweet! I love the use of lace borders and elements in this card! So glad that you played with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Laurie said... [Reply]

What a pretty color combo! And I just love that owl! Thanks so much for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

Michele Kovack said... [Reply]

Such a pretty soft card!

Heather Jacob said... [Reply]

such beautiful work Janet ... and I plan to participate in CCG again very soon ... have been helping my hubby with his recovery from a total hip replacement .. been tough going for him but the op was a huge success and he id slowly regaining his strength ..
love your style ... hugz x

Heather Jacob said... [Reply]

hey Janet back again, I meant to say best of luck on your weight watchers journey ... I agree it is great .. I went again 3 years ago and lost 3 stone .... but I put it on again ... I just have to make my mind up that it is a total change for life ... it does work !!!
wishing you all the best .... you have inspired me and I may go back as well ... huz x

Jessy Christopher said... [Reply]

I love the card you created!! The colors are awesome and that owl is just so stinking cute!

Karen B. said... [Reply]

Such a soft and beautiful, yet fun card! That owl is too cute! Good luck on your goal, I tried but was unsuccessful!