Pages

Wednesday

Too Many Challenges

I LOVE challenges!

All of my layouts are created based on at least one challenge. So yesterday I bookmarked 16 challenges that I want to play with this week. I then planned out how I was going to incorporate different ones onto each layout. So it's actually 17+ challenges since that is a challenge in itself!!

I was excited to find a new one with some girls from A Million Memories called Creative Therapy and this is their first challenge, though the preferred word is catalyst: Something that you lost. It could be something good like weightloss, or terrible like a person, or heartbreaking like a friendship.

I did lose something, or thought I did at the time.

I had a best friend in high school who I never kept in touch with after I started college. She had left for Europe. I regretted not maintaining the friendship because I really missed her all these years.

At the time I was contacting classmates for a possible HS reunion. I had found several of my friends as well as my one other best friend and it was so great talking to them, but I couldn't find her.
So in my depression, I made a layout.
The day I posted the layout to Two Peas, someone told me I should Google her name.

OH, DUH!

I did so immediately and found a comment she left on a website. I emailed the owner of the site and she told me that Christine was a very good friend of hers. Christine was in Italy.

Imagine my surprise!!!! I was THRILLED and told the the woman she must contact Christine and forward my number and email. The next day of posting that layout there was an email from my long lost best friend.


I found her!

And it was GREAT!!!


So this was the layout I made at the time. I used Color Combo #42 and combined it with HMITM #54 (4 PP, 11 embellies), OLW #11 (Gone) and a couple of other Two Peas challenges.

SUPPLIES: Pattern paper: Sassafras Lass, Around the Block; Cardstock: Bazzill (Java, Green Tea); Chipboard letters: Creative Imaginations; Fabric letter, brad, oval metal tag: Making Memories; Alphabet stickers: K&Co; Chipboard phrase: Scenic Route; Journaling card: 7 Gypsies; Transparency frame: My Mind's Eye; Chipboard square: Imagination Project (Gin-X); Felt flower: American Crafts; Decorative tape: Heidi Swapp; Elmer's Paint Pen; hole punch
Share On:

4 comments:

Karen said... [Reply]

this is absolutely wonderful and I am so happy that you found your friend!!! extra happy that google was able to help since that's where I work :-)

Becky Heisler said... [Reply]

That is just an amazing story! I have 2 BFF that I have always kept in contact with for at least 20 years. I can't imagine my life without them!
Beautiful layout and I am sooo happy you found your friend!Thanks so much for sharing with us at Creative Therapy!

Lori Gentile said... [Reply]

What a wonderful story! That's just so amazing! I love your layout. It's lovely! Thank you for sharing it with us!

trisha too said... [Reply]

That is a delightful story, and the layout is great. (I'm an 8 1/2by 11 kind of scrapper, so that made it extra good . . .)