Pages

Thursday

Scrappy Chics Kits: May Project #2

{ The Design }

Featuring Webster's Trendsetter Collection
My niece, the Fashion Institute of Technology graduate. So glamorous!


{ My Inspiration }
Jen Gallacher's Stretch Your Sketch Classes at Two Peas. A free class each month and it's a GREAT challenge!!! See the bottom of the post for the link. LOVE the idea of stretching the sketch! I never take a sketch literally, only because I feel strongly that in order to stretch your creativity when working with a sketch you should definitely not copy the sketch EXACTLY as it is shown. Find ways to adapt it, to interpret it differently while sticking to the sketch. I feel like I am challenging myself even further when I try to think of ways to creatively take an element of the sketch and vary it. LOL, even more of a challenge for me when I am working exclusively with a kit. Not so easy. But I love to challenge myself!

The Sketch:
Variation #1: The title. Instead of one HUGE title, I used the Fashionista pattern paper that had a lot of text on it and thought of a long word for the title.
Variation #2: The border strip. Cut out the bracket design from the District 45 paper for the long border, layered another strip from the Leaders paper and cut out a a stamped border.
Variation #3: The circles. Lots of them. I am not a fan of circles on my pages. So I used doilies and flowers cut out from the Leaders paper. Brushed the doilies with the fluid chalk and glitter glued both the photo and flowers. LOVE how it turned out, might become a fan of circles now, hee-hee.
Variation #4: To finish the layout, I added more strips of papers and filled the space with a lot of hand cut elements! I love the little "hat" I gave to the girl piece. Cute!

Project Supplies:
{ NYC Fashionista } layout:
From: Scrappy Chics Kits, May 2011 kit
  • Trendsetter paper - Style 105 (Webster's Pages)
  • Trendsetter paper - Accessorize (Webster's Pages)
  • Trendsetter paper - Handsome Vintage (Webster's Pages)
  • Trendsetter paper - Leaders (Webster's Pages)
  • Trendsetter paper - Fashionista (Webster's Pages)
  • Trendsetter paper - District 45 (Webster's Pages)
  • Blossom Soup Cardstock Stickers (Jillibean Soup)
From my stash:
Cardstock: Vanilla (Bazzill)
Letters: "nyc" (Studio K); "fashionista" (Bo Bunny)
Punches: border (Martha Stewart, Fiskars); 1/2" circle (EK Success)
Stamps: Classic Borders (Recollections)
Inks: "Orchid Pastel" Fluid Chalk on letters, "Olive Pastel" Fluid Chalk on border stamp and doilies (ColorBox)
Other: glitter glue (Studio G); doilies

Links on this post:
{ Scrappy Chics Kits: May Kit }
{ Scrappy Chics Kits: April Kit }
{ Two Peas Stretch Your Sketch: April 2011 }
Share On:

4 comments:

Bente Fagerberg said... [Reply]

You did so well with the Trendsetter collection. I used some of mine but left most of it in the bag. I found it so difficult to use. But you have given me lots of inspiration here to maybe see it in a new way!
Thanks for the inspo!

FiKenward said... [Reply]

Love the trend setters paper, and loved how you have used it on your page. Awesome!!!!

sandi said... [Reply]

Another beauty! Love the look of that pic in the circle with the doilies around it!

scrapbookertink said... [Reply]

Amazing layout with the Trendsetter collection, so perfect, I see you also like Adele, she is too cool, have a fantastic weekend.