Pages

Tuesday

Capture - Citrus Twist Kits

Happy Tuesday! This was supposed to be a "Happy Monday!" post, but life was pulling me in all directions yesterday. Today I am excited to share my very first 8x8 layout! What? YES! I have been admiring Kasia Tomaszewska and her 8x8 pages, so I decided to try it out and you know, I TOTALLY LIKE! However, I was a little freaked out after I cut my base because I realized how small 8x8 really is. But the smaller canvas gives a quicker completion time and that, my friends, is good for me! Here is the page I made with Citrus Twist Kits and their Sunday Sketch. I took this photo of Zayn and Rianna really quick on my iPhone (all the while trying not to get noticed). What I got was a blurry, overexposed photo. But nevertheless, I had to record this moment:

Janet Perafan-Babar | Citrus Twist Kits March 2014 Kit; 8x8 layouts; Spinning Tops Stencil; #citrustwistkits #papertreyink #scrapbooking8x8





This kit was full of deliciousness, once again! I used Wanderlust paper and vellum stickers, Lemonlush ephemera pieces and some Citrus Twist wood veneer. The larger heart was cut from Dear Lizzy paper. I also used Papertrey Ink dies, Huey Mists and a stencil that was inked with Prima chalks:

Daily Flash and Boys Rule paper, exclusive Citrus Twist stamps and washi tape:



DESIGN INSPIRATION:


Citrus Twist Sunday Sketch

Two Peas Moodboard

I added six new stencils to my templates stash last month and would you believe this was my first time using one? OMG, what I have been missing, FUN STUFF! Did you know that Moxie Fab World is having a stencils challenge and that besides cards, they also accept layouts? So for all you stencil experts, novices like me, and all those in between, go play! Challenge ends April 11.



So what do you think of this size? Would you try it out? I hope you do, I really enjoyed it and it was fun to experiment. Thanks so much for stopping by, hope your day turns out fabulous!

Hugs and Happy Scrappin'!!!!
xoxo




(See below for all challenge and product links to this post)


challenge entries:

Product List:
{ Captured } 8x8 Layout :

Kit: Citrus Twist Kits - Fireflies (March 2014 Kit)

From the kit:
  • Cardstock: (White) American Crafts
  • Patterned Paper: Zap (Crate Paper); Away We Go (Studio Calico); Focus, Click! (October Afternoon); Flying Kites (American Crafts)
  • Embellishments: Lemonlush Ephemera, Wanderlust Vellum Phrases (Studio Calico)
  • Citrus Twist Exclusives: Wood Veneer Stars, Washi Tape, Stamp Set (woodgrain hearts, jar)

Other:
  • 6x6 Paper Pad: Plus One (American Crafts); Styleboard (Crate Paper)
  • Roller Stamps: Neopolitan (American Crafts); Everyday Catch Phrase (October Afternoon)
  • Mists & Inks: Dewey, Water Cooler, Pinstripe (Studio Calico); Rock Moss, Teal Damask, Farmer Jeans (Prima); Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko Memento)
  • Misc: Spinning Tops Stencil (The Crafters Workshop); vellum

stamps, dies & inks:


toolbox:

Share On:

1 comment:

Jane said... [Reply]

Great page! Loving your scrapbook pages, very inspiring.